|Project by Mosquito||posted 06-07-2016 05:26 PM||1406 views||3 times favorited||11 comments|
This is the screwdriver set that I made for the 2016 LumberJocks Screwdriver Swap
As a bonus I made a box to hold them, as well as the bits. I used quick change chucks epoxied into the handles to hold standard driver bits.
The long handled driver is made out of Sapele, using only a spokeshave and some sand paper (I don’t have a lathe). The finish is natural danish oil, followed by paste wax. I was really happy with the finish on this one, it’s probably the silkiest finish I’ve accomplished yet. The stub driver is made out of Wenge, and finished the same.
The box is red oak, with birch plywood bottom, and veneered Myrtle burl on the inside and Sapele on the outside of the lid. There are holders that keep the drivers from rolling around, and room for up to 15 driver bits. Included were 3 each of #1, #2, and #3 philips, and 3 #2 robertson bits.
These went to LJ MNClone, so hopefully they work out alright.