|Project by edwood1975||posted 06-01-2016 05:44 PM||1022 views||1 time favorited||8 comments|
The other day I was cutting little dowels about an inch or so long, needed a boatload of them and a lot off them were getting trapped under the MS throat plate which was a pain to remove..
So I had a bunch of scrap 3/4” poplar plywood leftover from the Miter saw workstation I made and decided to give making onae a try…
I have to say it was tricky but once I nailed down the design I made 3 of them in 30 minutes.. I’m sure there not as durable as the plastic but that’s why I made 3.
16” long x 3” wide
Rip a piece of 3/4” plywood 16”x3”
Install 1/4” dado stack and cut a rabbitt 1/4” wide by 1/2” deep on left side of stock
Cut rabbitt 1/2” X1/2” on right side this is the first step making sure the ZCI is flush to the miter saw deck
(Approx) measure 3/4” , 7 5/8” , 14 5/8” make pencil marks on both sides of ZCI..now use a drill press with a forstener bit and drill semi circles so as that the bottom is flush with the 1/4” material left after placing the rabitts …
And your done
What I didn’t realize about my saw is that the back fence has to be removed anytime I need to place my ZCI in and they is annoying but it’s a miter saw and the need to use different ZCI is not that frequent, I guess that’s why the stock throat plate came in 2 sections