|Project by epp_dog||posted 12-18-2009 08:59 PM||7201 views||5 times favorited||12 comments|
This was a cool little knife to make but it was difficult to sheathe. The pattern that came with the knife was off so my first set of scales was lost. This was a little more difficult than their others as the blade and lanyard end both needed to be shaped before adhearing to the knife.
The sheath also presented challenges. The blade to handle ration made a typical “blade in the leather and handle exposed” sheath not work well. I ended up making just a VERY snug fit pouch sheath. The lanyard/ring are actually helpful for pulling that blade out. I also made the internal portion of the sheath curved so the knife is pulled out in an arc.
-- David, Florida