|Project by tchara||posted 05-14-2016 10:13 PM||761 views||0 times favorited||1 comment|
well, I got rained out of my main project today. I’m building a ornamental windmill for the front yard, and had plans on painting the pieces before putting it all together. So I had to play with my toys inside my garage today. I’ve been wanting a TS sled ever since I watched my first video of one online. I made a few previous attempts, but just couldn’t get the runners quite right. My table saw is the 248840 Craftsmen, and has goofy slots with tabs that are suppose to keep the miter gauge from slipping out. After several attempts of trying to fit the tracks around the tabs, I finally broke down from frustration, and pulled out my secret weapon…..my angle grinder. Needless to say those goofy tabs didn’t put up much of a fight. I used my router with a 3/8 keyhole bit to create a keyed slot for am adjustable stop block. Seems to work good. The rear fence is 2 3/4 pieces of plywood bonded together, and the front fence is a shaved off 2X4. The back braces are there for stability, and the middle brace is only glued. It’s a guard for the blade. I used a srew on one end of the fence, then set my square to the blade, and finished screwing the rest to the sled. Seems to be working good, and is spot on square.