|Project by Matt||posted 05-13-2016 05:17 PM||493 views||0 times favorited||7 comments|
So here is a poker table that I made last summer. It seat’s 9 comfortably with padded rails and a padded playing surface. It’s ~78”x 36” including rail, just the playing surface is ~72”x30”. The table was made of two sheets of 3/4” pine ply one for the table, and one cut in many pieces for the rails. The table surface has two 2×3’s running the length on the bottom for additional support and also are the mounts for the table legs. The playing surface has a “velvet speed cloth” and a 1/4” “car headliner” foam, the rail is a 1” foam cut about 2” to large and compressed with the vinyl. The playing surface was pretty easy to put together, but stretching the vinyl over the rail was a royal pain. Overall I used about 1200 staples (thank god for pneumatic staplers.) It’s stored in two pieces – the rail is just sits on the table when in use, and I have not found any reason to secure it to the surface after several games.
The last picture is the process of stretching the vinyl. I did this in my kitchen on the hardwood while on a blanket to make rotating the rail structure easier then me moving around it. This part sucks…. My arms were sore from the 1-1.5hours of constant pulling, and holding to get it mostly perfect. Of course the best photo I have of it completed shows the only corner that isn’t perfect as far the vinyl goes. One positive of working with foam and fabric covers – they hide the my lack of jigsaw skills perfectly!
The fabric, foams and vinyl were ordered online from “yourautotrim.com”. Cup holders were purchased off ebay and just slide between rail and table.
So far it’s held up to 5 games and I’m pretty happy with it.
-- My "projects" always look better with beer goggles.