|Project by SouthpawCA||posted 12-08-2009 09:46 PM||4532 views||10 times favorited||8 comments|
I finally finished the sewing cabinet. The word “finish” is the key to this project. Initially, when I first started it, the intent was to paint it. So, I used poplar with MDF inserts. Well, the unfinished project started looking very nice to my wife who decided she no longer wanted to paint it. With great apprehension I under took the job of staining. I knew poplar would come out blotchy, but I thought a good seal coat of minwax sealer would minimize it – It hardly did anything. I won’t go into everything I had to do as you can read about it on the blog, but I did finally finish it. My wife loves it (which is all that matters I guess) and I learned a lot. Now, off to another project.