|Project by epp_dog||posted 12-06-2009 07:48 PM||1369 views||0 times favorited||4 comments|
The construction blog is here.
This was an interesting project. Since I had plenty of oak, I purchases just the plans and movements from Klockit. Milling the parts was quite fun. I have a lot to learn about the finishing process though. I used 2 coats of wiping polyurethane and a final coat of paste wax. The wax I didn’t get buffed out is the white pores in the left hand clock.
I included the jig I made to taper the sides. The sides tapered from 1” to 3/4” thick but only on the outside. The inside stays 90 degrees to the top/bottom. I cut away most of the taper on the bandsaw. Since it was too short to run through the planer I used my wide belt sander (many passes).
-- David, Florida