|Project by GaryK||posted 11-25-2009 03:23 AM||3279 views||4 times favorited||52 comments|
It’s been a while, huh?
Well, it’s been a long time since I finished the actual woodwork on this. The middle of May to be exact. 6 months ago!
For those of you who don’t know me too well, I hate sanding and finishing.
There is a LOT of details that needed some very intricate sanding and I got bored with it real quick. It took until last week that I finally got back to it. I have some other projects backing up and need to make the room, so I finally broke down and completed it.
If you are interested in seeing the 11 part blog on it’s construction you can find it here.
The finish is my standard finish for mahogany. Reddish brown water based dye and poly. I usually use a satin finish for everything, but for some reason I went with a high gloss for this one. If it turns out that I don’t like it, I will just add a satin topcoat to dull it down
-- Gary - Never pass up the opportunity to make a mistake look like you planned it that way - Tyler, TX