|Project by Rasta||posted 11-13-2009 05:11 PM||2044 views||4 times favorited||16 comments|
So i started this projject in early March, when i got called up to work out of town I had only cut some of the main pieces of the carcass. I returned home from work in late September eager to finish this project that had been sitting in my shop for far too long and did so. The final product was too heavy for me to lift, so , with the help of a nieghbor we mounted it on the wall on a cleat, the plan was to put more than the two cleats on as it was so heavy, a few beers later my neighbor left and I stayed with beer in hand to admire my work when it fell hitting my head and then the floor, I nearly went down, recovered and saw the damage. The finger joints on the right lower corner were busted apart. After considering burning the damned thing I realized that I had started this project in March and it must be saved. I beat the joint back together with rubber mallet and curse words and came up with what you see here, a decent looking tool cabinet that is racked enough to tell when the doors are closed. I used oak plywood and the handles are made from walnut, some out of pieces of firewood I had when i bought my machinery and milled them out of want to run my machines.
-- Roscoe in Iowa