|Project by Rayne||posted 03-09-2016 05:50 PM||1273 views||5 times favorited||7 comments|
I think I figured out my dust collection problems on my bandsaw. If it works for me, I’m sure a similar approach should work for you. It’s not 100% perfect, but it’s working. It’s currently attached via friction fit, so no drilling to the bandsaw required. And if the fit becomes loose, I can add a spacer block with some rare earth magnets on the lower overhang to firmly keep it in place. This doesn’t impede on the opening of the door either, so it’s a win-win. I just removed the old 2” port from the door and that’s it. You can see in the picture how I built it, so if you have any questions, just let me know. Any existing dust in the wheel housing was MDF dust I couldn’t get out with my vacuum before I made the cuts with the port on. If you’d like to see additional test photos let me know what kind you are looking for and I’ll see about running them and posting the pics here. Thanks for looking.