|Project by JBrow||posted 03-09-2016 05:00 PM||1018 views||0 times favorited||9 comments|
The Secretary’s Desk, that’s what I call it, is made of Walnut (including the drawer box) and finished with 3 coats of polyurethane. I used TurboCad Pro to develop concept and shop drawings. The wife decided that I have bad taste in furniture design, so after her modifications, I began work. The legs are ¾” x ¾” and the curve pieces were cut with a jigsaw and router templates. It has a single belly drawer on under mount roller guides. It took 3 months to complete and I learned how to un-glue a joint, necessary to correct an otherwise catastrophic mistake I made when assembling the skirt. It was completed in August 2011.