|Project by Vindex||posted 03-05-2016 04:52 AM||2399 views||3 times favorited||13 comments|
Here is my workbench. I completed it in August of 2015. It’s nothing too fancy. I made it out of Hem-Fir because I could not find suitable SYP 2×4s and I didn’t have a table saw to cut down wider stock. That, and it’s kind of fun to say that I have a hemlock workbench. Because I was new to woodworking and did not want to risk screwing up the joints, I used metal L-clips to reinforce out-of sight joints and to join the front of the base to the top. I also used recessed carriage bolts through a lap joint to attach the front stretchers to the legs (you can see that I messed up the bolt pattern on one side). It’s already earned some stains and dings in the line of duty. Not sure yet if I want to put a finish on it.