|Project by RKW||posted 11-01-2009 12:13 AM||3521 views||7 times favorited||12 comments|
the auxillary fence is based on plans i saw in woodsmith magazine. It took me a total of 45 minutes to make. I knew i was soon going to attempt some raised pannels, and it worked nicely. The insert plate was something i realized i needed after i attempted the pannels without it. Fortunately i did not sustain any injuries. Once my first pannel was about half way across the blade it slipped in between the blade and the insert plate causing my workpiece to almost jerk out of my hands. My saw bogged down and came to a stop. Thankfully neither my saw or myself suffered any damage.
I had heard of using a zero clearance plate, but didnt really understand the point. I learned an important lesson. To see pannels check out my book case posting.