|Project by mafe||posted 02-28-2016 10:04 PM||1333 views||7 times favorited||18 comments|
Fork & spoon for hiking
to match the knife
1. Hiking fork, spoon and knife.
2. The wood for handles & repurposed fork and spoon, old plastic handles removed.
3. First I cut a groove then drilled holes for the tang’s.
4. Fitting the holes with a hole saw made from jig saw blade.
5. Epoxy time.
6. Freehand shaping on the band saw.
For a really long time I had this spoon and fork parts in the shop, years actually, now was the time to bring them back to life and make a matching set for my field knife, it will bring joy when hiking or just on a picnic to the sea side.
Made them same way as I make knifes and just added a rabbet for the front so I could make a fast perfect fit.
Final shaping on the sander.
Just for the pleasure.
How I make knifes: http://www.felding.net/7knifemaking1.html
Hope it can inspire.
-- MAD F, the fanatical rhykenologist and vintage architect. Democraticwoodworking.