|Project by SteveMI||posted 10-28-2009 05:19 AM||3495 views||8 times favorited||20 comments|
Like an earlier post
I needed some hold downs for a new project and just could not rationalize the woodcraft price. So I went looking at the local big box store and found an answer. Bought a clamp for I believe under $2, drilled out the rivet, cut the tabs with tin snips, drilled several holes in the steel, trimmed the rubber and done.
The application I had needed to use #8 screws which drove the size. Obviously there are much larger clamps that could be modified just as easily. That is on my list for this weekend.
Not being a metal working guy, I put three holes in the arms for different adjustments.