|Project by toyguy||posted 10-20-2009 05:03 PM||1375 views||1 time favorited||7 comments|
I call it a Cherry pot, as bowl just doesn’t seem right for it;
When I first got my lathe a few months back, a friend gave me a chunk of cherry. It was then cut into some blanks, sealed and put away. Yesterday I noticed that the biggest blank had started to crack. So I chucked it up and took it out for a spin.
I soon found that the cracking issue was worse that I had first thought. After turning away the biggest crack, another was detected. My blank was getting smaller and smaller….... so some sawdust and CA was applied and I made the best of it.
If nothing else, I figured this would be a good learning project….. and it was. Cherry Pot, 9” dia. by 6” high. Thick wall of about 3/8” to 1/2”, and a bit thicker in the bottom….like most pots…..
-- Brian, Ontario Canada,