|Project by Spunk4ya||posted 02-03-2016 12:34 AM||1820 views||6 times favorited||8 comments|
I always seem to struggle with scalloping or gouging on my jointer, especially after new/newly sharpened blades. I came across an article in where the author showed off a way to create wooden alignment jigs. After making mkne, I just wasnt having much luck due to the lifting that occurs when tightening the gib.
I decided to “beef” them up and make new ones. These cost me under 10 bucks, including the epoxy!
I bought 1 ft of the 5/16 steel rod, a 20 pack of N50 10mm*3mm magnets from eBay and a small package of epoxy. You can see that I doubled up the magnets to better hold the blades down while tightening. Also I used tape to protect my jointer while the epoxy cured (24hrs)
Hope these help you out by saving the time but all the 40 dollars to buy a big from an online place ;)