|Project by Dennis Zongker||posted 10-03-2009 05:24 PM||15302 views||90 times favorited||108 comments|
I finally took the time to take some good pictures of my chess table. I posted this table over a year ago on Lumberjocks. I hope no one gets upset for me doing this. Thanks for looking
First by making the chess set pieces. Then to add every piece into the actual table and chairs.
1. The top has parquetry around the outer border showing the castle move, were the Rooks protect the King.
2. The table base has the King upside down. Scaled 9 times larger then the chess set King. The King is in the center because he is the most important piece in the game.
3. The Knights are the main four feet to the table legs. Describing their angled moves.
4. Both chairs have on the center top, the Queen’s Crown.
5. At the top of both sides of the chairs are the Bishops & Pawns .
6. The back of the chairs has a abstract of a female figure, to resemble the Queen’s body.
7. Their are four hidden drawers in the tops edge. On the top of the drawers the Knights were cut into marquetry in the opposite wood.
8. The woods used were American Black walnut & Hard Maple. Each wood to resemble each players color.
-- Dennis Zongker