|Project by wooddude||posted 09-28-2009 03:16 AM||15375 views||18 times favorited||9 comments|
I totally ripped this idea off from fellow Lumberjocks SimonSKL & jcoulam. Thanks guys! Simon did such an awesome job posting the build, I was able to follow it very closely.
I set mine up so that it would be somewhat stationary, but still be able to be easily move if needed. Right now, I have a 2” PVC line going to my table saw, and a 2” line going to my miter saw. Both are tee’d into the suction of the cyclone separator. I purchased a replacement hose package that came with adaptor fittings. The hose was just long enough that I was able to cut it up and connect the rig to the PVC. I also used the extra hose to connect the PVC lines to the saws at the other ends. The only problem I have now is that I have to plug the end that’s not in use (disconnect from the saw and plug it). Its a slip fitting there, so that’s not too much trouble. The flexible connects at the rig allow me to pull the lid on the bucket to empty the contents. I can also connect the original hose to the disconnected end and use it to vacuum up the floor and benches nearby. Works pretty good.
Thanks again to Simon and Jeff for the idea!!