|Project by mtkate||posted 09-26-2009 03:52 AM||1786 views||2 times favorited||8 comments|
Another frame where the outside is red oak, and the inside is maple. I learned from previous experience, and managed to circumvent the glue problem that caused blotching when I stained my last frame.
I also learned from my last experience: I made the inner part (maple) first and then made the surround (oak) after. The miters fit better. Don’t ask me why I did it the other way the last time! I also did not bother to make fancy router edges as the print calls for something very simple (in my opinion, of course).
This time, I used the same formula for the staining – a red mahogany – but stopped after one rubbed in coat. The end color offset the print so well that I was satisfied and proceeded with a varnish.