|Project by zippymorocco||posted 01-17-2016 09:03 PM||7242 views||27 times favorited||24 comments|
I finished this project about a month ago and have been using it in the shop since. I finally got around to taking some pictures and would like to share them. The tool chest is working nicely. This is the first project that I have completed to use dove tail, half blind dovetails, tenons and bridal joints. I did practice cutting and assembling dovetails for a while before taking this on. The tenons were pretty easy once I had dovetails down. It was a lot of fun to see the box come together and there were relatively few hiccups. The project took about 50 hours to complete and was well worth it.
The woods incorporated into the design are Butternut, Walnut and Wenge. As you can tell my tools are mostly new and were in need of a home. I share shop space with several other carpenters and needed a safe and portable place for my tools.
I would like to thank members L-H Johnsen and johnstoneb for answering questions I had while I was working through the project. Also FWW for presenting plans and instruction that were easy to follow.