|Project by Mark A. DeCou||posted 07-31-2007 08:52 PM||9052 views||0 times favorited||13 comments|
This piece is ”For Sale”, to buy it, click here to transfer to my Etsy.com Shop
This is a style of work that is fun to do, as it provides numerous unique and creative ways to use wood, so I thought I would share it.
Running in my “Fun With Cedar Logs” Series on functional woodart made from discarded Kansas Flinthill’s Prairie cedar trees, I built a Hat/Coat rack made from cedar.
I built several things out of cedar, and have enjoyed the freedom the rustic styling gives me, and the opportunity to make something useful out of locally hated and discarded trees.
The “carving” is loosely inspired by some work I saw at the Western Design Conference last year, and Thomas Molesworth’s historic pieces.
The hooks are made from Kansas Whitetail Deer antler sheds.
I entered this piece in the local Chase County Fair last week and it took 2nd in the Woodcarving category, losing to my other carved entry, a Walking Cane I made for my dad last Christmas.
Thanks for looking,
- – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – -
Want to See More of my Furniture Work?:
If you go to my Mark DeCou Website you will find that I have not updated my website in quite some time. I realize that I need to invest in improving my website, but until that is accomplished, here are some more Lumberjocks related lilnks with updated postings of my furniture work, sorted into categories. Thanks for your interest in my work, and your patience with my website.
- Arts & Crafts Entry Table; with Carved Oak Leaves
- Arts & Crafts Orchid Stand w/ Wine Bottle Storage
- Arts & Crafts Style Morris Inspired Chairs
- Arts & Crafts Display Top Coffee Table
- Arts & Crafts Style Inspired End Table Set
- Arts & Crafts Style Inspired Prairie Couch
- Table Lamps
- Arts & Crafts Carved Entertainment Center
- Mission Entertainment Center
- Carved Communion Table
- Carved Roll Top Sound Equipment Cabinet
- Fancy Church Side Altars
- Processional Cross
- Fancy Speaker's Lectern
- Church Hymn Number Board
- Communion Chalice (Cup) and Paten
- Sam Maloof Inspired Walnut Rocker
- Original Art Carved Tilt Front Desk, inspired by Birger Sandzen
- Natural Edge; Nakashima Inspired Coffee Table
- Decoratively Painted Box End Tables
- Birch China Cabinet for Cut Glass Collection
- Naughty (Knotty) Refined Rustic White Oak & Black Walnut China Hutch
- A Kansa Indian and Buffalo Accent Art-Chair
- Refined Rustic Dining Chairs
- Refined Rustic Dining Table
- Cowboy-Western Style Suitcase/Luggage Support Racks
- Fun With Cedar Logs #1; Sitting Stool
- Fun With Cedar Logs #2; Coat/Hat/Spur Rack
- Fun With Cedar Logs #3; Western Style Hat/Coat Rack
- Fun With Cedar Logs #4; Entryway Stool
- Kennebunkport Style Adirondack Chair
- Outdoor Garden Wedding Arbor
- Outdoor Project: Cedar Wood Double Settee
-- Mark DeCou - American Contemporary Craft Artisan - www.decoustudio.com