|Project by htl||posted 01-13-2016 06:48 PM||1699 views||6 times favorited||18 comments|
This was my first time using blue prints to build a toy. [Toys and Joys]
I have built many toys in the past but this was my most involved build.
This was built with Walnut and sassafras wood.
It’s funny but I had it in my head that it would be half this big after looking at all the other great builds I have seen from T&J.
This was a ball to build, being able to copy then print out the shapes I needed for the parts made the project very quick and easy.
Now I don’t mean to make it sound like a two day project I put in around 14 days 6 hours or more a day to get her done.
The tracks was the most time consuming not hard just a lot to it.
There are a few adjustments to make but not till Feb. when it gets warmer in my shop.
Here’s what I started with.
And when done I had over 10 gal. of saw dust in the Cyclone.
Check out the blog for the build pictures.
And even more pictures here.
-- There's a hundred ways to do anything, alot depends on the tools at hand.