|Project by JeremyPringle||posted 01-12-2016 03:40 AM||765 views||4 times favorited||4 comments|
Here are three boxes I finished a few weekends ago.
I made a packet of my chosen veneers and cut them all at the same time. Not pictured is a 4th panel that I made, but used to try a new dye technique that did not work as planned, so it did not get made into a box.
The three there are:
1. Black dye with white dyed birdseye maple lid with a flat sawn walnut box.
2. Birdseye maple on a walnut back ground with a birdseye maple box with green streaking in it.
3. Walnut skull on a birdseye maple background with a curly walnut box that was wire wheeled for added texture.
My finish is clear shellac that was buffed out and a coat of conservators wax.
Thanks for checking in.