|Project by rockmolsen||posted 01-10-2016 03:30 PM||1070 views||3 times favorited||10 comments|
I’ve been wanting try one of these for sometime. I made all the cuts on my compound miter saw. Some individual sanding was required to tweek it because after the “test” 6 pieces were banded together I did have some gaps. That’s the pine ring you see in picture 4. Next one I’m going to use my Kreg Precision Miter gauge on the table saw. I also glued the rings in half’s first then sanded for a final fit on my disk sander, I ran the final glued rings through a drum sander before the final glue up. I let all the glue ups set overnight. The vacuum chuck was used to finish the bottom. Sanded to 600 and finished with EEE and OB shine juice, Its 7” x 2.25”. Quite happy with the way it turned out, usually I find fault in all my projects.
-- Rick --------The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have.