|Project by Chris||posted 01-05-2016 02:50 AM||713 views||3 times favorited||8 comments|
My wife and I wanted to build our daughter a rocking horse for her first Christmas and after looking at many project posts decided to go with the merrilegs plan. I was very happy with the plan and how the horse turned out and luckily so were my wife and daughter. The most difficult part of this project was tapering the top of the legs since the table saw jig that I made had to be reconfigured for each leg. The rocker is hard maple, the horse is cherry, and the saddle is walnut. My wife and I made the mane and tail out of butcher’s twine. I finished the project with blonde shellac and water based lacquer.