|Project by Kurt T. Kneller||posted 01-02-2016 09:09 PM||1072 views||3 times favorited||1 comment|
I had some leaks around my Wynn filter and the ring on my HF DC. So this is what I did to correct the leaks.
First I made some spacer inserts and glued them to the dc ring.
This would allow attachment of the base ring for the filter to the dc ring and with the industrial adhesive would fill in the irregularities of the dc ring. I also ended up screwing the inserts to the dc ring.
This is the filter base ring
This is the filter top compression ring
The filter mounted to the dc ring
I used ratchet straps to compress the gasket material on the bottom of the filter.
I did not like the way the filter mounted to the dc ring originally. Using the method as recommended by Wynn,
it never sealed right and the metal of the dc ring is so flimsy if you over tightened the turnbuckles you would deform the metal. Now I can compress the gasket and the force to do so is transferred to the filter canister and the plywood. Great seal now.
Added some loose caulking backing as additional insurance.
I also added some thicker rubber foam tape the the base of the dc ring to help make a better seal for the poly bag.
DC cart as it is now
The cart design is based on LJ Cory’s design with a few minor adaptations.
Overall, for the money the dc and cart has performed very well in my shop. Some of the changes I plan on doing, if I do not bite the bullet on a cyclone, is either make a Thein tophat or add the Dust Deputy XL.
Currently, with the internal Thein baffle I only get to use half of the can for chip collection. It is amazing how fast that can will fill up and then send chips to the poly bag. Unfortunately to create enough room for either of the modifications would require major overhaul of the cart tower or possibly a new cart due to how I have attached the tower to the base.
Thanks for looking and hope you all a a great holiday week!
-- Start with ten, end with ten.......