|Project by JeremyT||posted 12-26-2015 05:21 PM||738 views||1 time favorited||3 comments|
I made two matching frames to dress up the mirrors in our master bath. I chose western red cedar to keep them as light as possible since the mirrors are quite heavy. The moulding pattern was created using a combination of the two bits in the final picture. Each miter was strengthened with two Dominos. I also used Dominos to secure the mirrors into the frames – rectangular recesses were routed around the rabbet to accommodate the Dominos which were then screwed in place overlapping the mirrors. Overall a simple project, but I did learn that my old Craftsman miter saw detents are not accurate which makes lining up 4 miter joints loads of fun. That thing really needs to die.
-- Jeremy - San Antonio, TX