|Project by kooldecker||posted 12-25-2015 10:21 PM||449 views||0 times favorited||1 comment|
Ok so im a long time lurker and first time poster here so please be nice lol. And i know you will cause one thing i do know is your a great bunch of guys here. So i started out these as a palletwood project. I had a really cool pallet that i got from work and i was really excited about it. However with work and a family time got away from me and i had problems with making the panels up. I really have a small space im working in , and i need some cauls and to get set up for more gluing. So i went to my local exotic dealer looking for some zebrawood wide enough to not need any gluing. When i came across this maple that was showing its scars from being tapped for syrup. I put it together with just stainless screws, wanting them to show, not sloopy, but part of design. Was going to do mortise and tenon but again work got wild and my timeline got cut really dramatically. Sanded to 400 and finished with danish oil. First time using it and i like it alot so far. I did wind up utilizing the palletwood. I aned it down to 1/4” and used it for the dividers. Thanks for looking and hope you all had a merry christmas and all got lots of new wood and tools under the tree!
-- " I dont understand......I cut that board AT LEAST 4 times and its STILL too short!"