|Project by EOD_Eric||posted 09-02-2009 06:52 PM||1251 views||0 times favorited||10 comments|
Finished my first bowl here. I ordered some mineral oil and beeswax for the finish, as they were the only “finishes” that I could get shipped here. I have 2 lbs of beeswax…I seriously overestimated the amount I would need! Wood is from the same stack I started working on a few weeks ago…FOGI (found on ground-Iraq). Bowl is 5 inches in diameter and 2 inches deep. There are a few inclusions and checks that I could not turn past…they did not bother me until I got beeswax in there while I was rubbing it on…now the paste in there highlights the cracks. Will fill in with CA next time. I did have a fairly good size hunk fly off the rim next to a check. Repaired it with sawdust and CA and it is barely noticeable (you can see it on the pic of the bowl still on the lathe).
Thanks for looking.