|Project by Steve Erwin||posted 12-23-2015 05:07 AM||1168 views||6 times favorited||8 comments|
For Christmas last year, I built my son his own wooden tool set and toolbox. So this year I decided he needed his own workbench.
I’m usually not a fan of building temporary furniture (cribs, changing tables, etc), so I found a way to have this one project serve double or triple duty.
- it’s a toddler-size workbench for my 1st son
- it’s a toddler-size workbench that will survive my 1st son and still be around for my soon to be 2nd son to play with (due 3/14/16)
- it’s the perfect height for me to sit on while I work at my adult-size workbench, so, technically, it’s not in my way :-)
- it’s the perfect height as an adult-size sawbench
- it will work swimmingly as a mud room bench later in life
This was my first time making that dovetail joint. Kind’ve a pain to mark it and tune the fit. I think I got lucky.
-- I've been creating problems to solve since I was born. - http://honeydowoodworking.blogspot.com