|Project by Seenya||posted 12-20-2015 03:31 AM||1018 views||2 times favorited||10 comments|
Just finished this on Thursday. I bought the neck but the rest I did myself. I have a jig for the body so I traced it on some swamp ash I bought, cut it and routed it. After that, I used Behlen walnut dye to darken it. I then sealed it with shellac, filled the grain and sprayed it with 11 coats of nitrocellulose lacquer. I finished the maple neck the same way except the back of it. I don’t like the feel of nitro on the neck so after I sealed it with shellac I put several coats of Tru-Oil on it. It feels great and plays as good as it feels.
-- Semper Fi