|Project by edwood1975||posted 12-13-2015 07:22 PM||852 views||0 times favorited||1 comment|
I made myself one of these coolers during the summer, a friend of mine saw it and wanted one for a Christmas gift and asked me to make one , but he wanted it with a spigot .
I have to say the spigot was a giant PITA.. but I eventually got all the leaks sorted and it looks wonderful .. I also added handles on the sides and instead of using a piano hinge on the lid I used 2 butt hinges and my final adjustment was I just bought a brad nailer so instead of using pocket holes to join all the side panel pieces I just nailed them and it cut the construction time in half and it works a lot more efficiently .. The build was very much the same as mine and you can find a blog series on its construction on my profile blog series
I finally put three coats of poly on it and it looks dare I say a lot better than mine..
I see a retrofit of my original cooler in the near future especially how I constructed the lid..
Hope you like