|Project by jayman7||posted 08-23-2009 04:33 AM||6596 views||11 times favorited||6 comments|
I just got back from vacation a few days ago and I felt like messing around in the shop today. I decided to build a sandpaper organizer that I’ve been meaning to build for some time now. I started designing it in sketchup around noon today, and 10 hours later I have it completed. You can see what my pile of sandpaper looked like before. It took up tons of space under my workbench and I could never find the grit I needed.
The best part of this project was that I was able to use scrap materials that was just taking up space. I used 1/2” sandply for the basic structure and 1/8” hardboard for the pull out shelves. I used a series of rabbets and dadoes. First time I made rabbets. Everything was glued and screwed together. I also attached eight 3/8” diameter dowels on the sides to hold my random orbit discs. I hung it on the wall using a french cleat system for the first time too. Worked great!