|Project by Burb||posted 12-09-2015 09:10 PM||1411 views||9 times favorited||11 comments|
I finished some Christmas gifts that I was making for a few friends. The plans came from the Woodworkers Guild of America site: http://www.wwgoa.com/article/make-a-bottle-opener-that-pops/
I made some previously to try out the plans using some black walnut & cherry. These were made using black walnut, ash, paduak, & cherry. There is also a plug of zebrawood that covers up a rare earth magnet which holds the bottle cap after its removed.
I learned a valuable lesson in regards to sanding paduak. The lesson is not to sand it when light colored woods are nearby. On one of the projects the ash has an orangish tint to it.
This was also the first project I’ve made that I placed my homemade logo burned in on it. It turned out pretty well.
Finish is spray Minwax Helmsman Spar Urethane. It’s got three coats. I’m moderately happy with he finish and how it turned out.
-- I aspire to be a novice woodworker...