|Project by Ken Dixon||posted 1574 days ago||1549 views||13 times favorited||13 comments|
This cabinet I got at a yard sale for $1. It was in rough shape especially the original door. I sanded it all down to get most of the scratches and dents out but there was nothing I could do to save the door so I made a new one. The door frame is pined mortis and tenon pine. The panel is four reclaimed pine boards glued together then planed to 3/16 of an inch. I did this project in the fall so I gathered up some fallen leaves from our tree in the front yard and traced the outlines onto the panel. Using my scroll saw to cut out the spaces between the leaves. To make the vanes in the leaves I used my Dremmel tool then took coloured pencils to add the colour. The whole cabinet is finished with three coats of polyurethane.
-- Ken, Kanata Ont. Canada