|Project by ryno||posted 08-15-2009 12:32 AM||1345 views||1 time favorited||1 comment|
This is a flag box I did for a friend. Made from oak and walnut. I tried something new by tilting my blade a little to make the angled splines. I was pleased. I finished this piece differently than I have in the past. I worked my way up to 180 grit paper. Then I used wet/dry 220 grit with tung oil to act as a pore filler. This is probably not as good as actual pore filler but it worked great for me. I then used 500 grit with a lttle dish soap and water. As an experiment I tried 1000 grit and 1200 grit but I couldn’t really tell it was any better than the 500. After that, I used 3 coats of Minwax wipe on poly. Thanks for looking.
-- It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.