|Project by Gene||posted 08-13-2009 10:56 PM||1593 views||3 times favorited||4 comments|
I made this for a friend of mine who had some unfinished shorts of bloodwood floring. Ya people can actually afford bloodwood flooring! I cut some of the flooring into vaneer and laminated them onto a plywood backround. I wouldn’t of had enough wood to do it solid and it was good pratice, lots of glueing. I cut dadoes to sit the glass in with lots of room for wood movement in mind. The bottom of the tank is a glass pane fully mitered in, again with lots of room for movement. I used type 2 silicone to hold the glass sides to the front. For the lid I cut rabits under the lid to allow room for a screen also held in by silicone. To finish it off I used a rubbing varnish and lots of windex. These are gonna be some lucky lizzards.
-- --Gene Plumley--