|Project by mot||posted 07-20-2007 at 09:33 AM||2510 views||0 times favorited||12 comments|
I used the typical slimline kit with this, but kept the bottom portion about 1/4” longer than the top. I turned the top a little fatter and tapered the two ends to meet the slimline bushings so the pen parts would fit. It’s finished with watco and liberon. Now, this was really fun to turn as it was an experiment in form as an attempt to step away from what the pen kit proposed and try something different. I think I’d like to put some detail on the bottom of the part of the top, or use a contrasting wood there next time. I’m still experimenting. I’ll try not to drown y’all in experimental pens…I can’t promise anything though!
-- You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation. (Plato)