|Project by David||posted 11-10-2015 10:16 PM||1129 views||5 times favorited||6 comments|
I drew the project full size on paper on a sheet of plywood. It was a little bigger than I dared to work up from a sketch and the drawing also gave me a good perspective of what the finished project would look like. The drawers hold lots of stuff: they are huge. I took a lot of pics when I could ~ too many to post here so here is a link.
Oak with a custom stain (annaline dye and oil process) to get it to match other furniture items in the room. The folks at the furniture store where my wife had purchased the dresser was kind enough to order me some handles so they would match too as we could not find them in any store or online supply. Because I work alone and it was too big to wrestle, I stained and finished before assembling the Head and Foot boards. I glued it together with system 3 epoxy so I had time to get things aligned. It required a fair amount of masking to catch any squeeze out but I didn’t have to worry about white glue spots not staining if I assembled before staining.