|Project by Ebro||posted 11-10-2015 03:41 AM||2019 views||30 times favorited||10 comments|
I worked out this design a few months ago but hadn’t produced any new ones lately. With a craft show deadline approaching, I had to get busy. The original spatulas had a textured handle, but I decided to go with a smooth handle for these. It took extra time, but I think it’s worth it. These 9 spatulas took less than 30 minutes to cut on the band saw but about 2 hours to sand using a stationary belt sander, oscillating spindle sander, random orbit sander and hand sanding. I now hate sanding a little more. The blanks measured 1.75” x 3” x 12” long. I started out taping the first cut back on to make the compound cut, but gave up on the tape to speed things up. The finish is mineral oil. The last picture is after sanding but before the finish. I was surprised by the drastic color change, especially on the walnut. Thanks for looking.