|Project by DavidOveracre||posted 10-24-2015 02:22 PM||645 views||1 time favorited||2 comments|
So my daughters’ stool recently broke.. It was a plastic target one, it lived a good life. I had a slab of cherry laying around for a few years that I had intended for a stool anyway. And since I have recently dived into building more complex furniture, I’ve started using some new techniques that I figured would be good and quick for this one. I cleaned up the twisted slab with a router sled and the bark with random tools (including a rotary with a sanding wheel). Then I set up my drill press to drill some angled holes for the legs. Because of the thickness, or thinness of it, AND I didn’t have a forstner that was the right size, I had to use a paddle bit, I had to grind off the spur from the paddle bit so as not to poke thru the top side. I sharpened the bit while I was at it. It worked better than I expected. I used poly glue for the legs and finished with water based poly (I hate that stuff now, but it’s what I had )
-- Dave O.