|Project by winecountrywhimsy||posted 07-14-2009 02:22 AM||2626 views||1 time favorited||7 comments|
I posted this over at Homerefurbishers.com, but I wanted to share it with lumberjocks as well. We recently did a door replacement and small renovation on our Tack Barn. The barn is used as our recreation room and has finished walls and floors. It has electric, but no heat or water. I got the doors from a friend of mine after they had been passed between neighbors. They were in good shape, but the old doors were shorter and narrower, so we had to raise the header and push out the windows.
Once we opened up the floor we found wet rot, of course. This prolonged the project and cost a bunch more money. In addition to the new glass doors, we did exterior and interior paint, painted the light fixtures, installed ceramic tile at the main entry and in the corner of the barn where a new wood stove will be added. I built window boxes to dress up the side of the barn. I also added drain tile and curbing to stop the water issue that caused the wet rot.
The photos show the finished project as well as a before photo and some construction. There is so much more light now. We will be spending more time out there now, specially come football season.
-- Todd @ winecountrywhimsy Sonoma County, CA