|Project by Hewy||posted 10-19-2015 04:39 PM||438 views||1 time favorited||3 comments|
I built this table from red oak. The legs and round aprons presented the most challenge.
The legs are a free formed shape and tapered. To make the aprons fit the round shape
that I needed, I cut several saw kerfs from the back side, which allowed me to bend the
pieces. The finish was my first experience with water based stains and polyurethane top coat.
I used a mixture of General Finishes light brown dye stain and pecan stain for the color
that I wanted. I finished it with General Finishes High Performance Poly. I was very
pleased with these water based products. My wife loves this table and it didn’t take her long to decorate it for Halloween.