|Project by Matt||posted 10-16-2015 03:14 PM||2319 views||4 times favorited||3 comments|
I finished the second part of my tablesaw build today. My father helped me haul around the melamine and cut it as I don’t have an outfeed/infeed table yet (to come soon). We’re just watching the michigan game and building. A good day. :) Today I added the top boxes, aligned them, and then added the melamine tops. They are damn near perfectly level and i’m happy. Unfortunately the end of the rail system on the right isn’t supported anymore as the melamine is solid and doesn’t have a way to attach it with the bolt system on the ridgid saws. Oh well, it works fine still.
I finished the first part(s) of my table saw cabinet / base for (you guessed it) my table saw. I am fairly happy with this build, as I used the basic design from Lance Shaughnessy’s build a few years back. Here’s a link to his video.
I modified it a bit, but for the most part it’s the same. I didn’t use 1×4 solid pine, but I used 3/4” birch plywood 4” wide strips cut to length. This worked very well for me and held together nice with 1 1/4” fasteners and glue. I’m trying a new gorilla glue, but I digress.
You can see how i arranged everything in the pictures, and reinforced the sides with 1/2” CDX plywood as it didn’t matter what that part looked like. I really like the cdx stuff in 1/2” because it’s sturdy and if you don’t care what it looks like, it’s nice to back things with.
This project is only half done and I will be editing this post with more pictures and comments once it’s done, but I haven’t posted anything in a while as I have been working alot at the hospital 12 hr shifts.
Thanks again. enjoy.