|Project by Dave Rutan||posted 10-15-2015 01:13 AM||577 views||0 times favorited||4 comments|
My wife asked if I could make a stand for a pair of recorders that she uses at school. She sent me a picture of what she was talking about and I took that under advisement. Then I went and made my seat of the pants design.
I took a piece of scrap poplar, part of a drawer front I had at some time planed to about 1/2 inch thick and drew an oval on it using a laundry detergent bottle as a curve guide. Then I drew a random angle through the center and marked about 2-1/2 inches from the edge to locate the pegs.
I cut the oval on the band saw and sanded to the line on my belt sander. Then I put a half round in the edge with the router table. I then used the drill press to drill the holes, but not going all the way through. 1/4 inch dowels, about 2 inches long fit into the holes.
Everything got sanded and glued together. A few coats of spray lacquer finished it up.
-- Ni faru ion el ligno!