|Project by kenn||posted 10-05-2015 04:09 PM||604 views||0 times favorited||4 comments|
I made a federal style table in walnut with a veneered drawer front. I made the veneer and book matched it from a sweet looking piece of crotch that I in my hoard.
This was my first time making veneer. I was pleased with how it turned out. When planing the drawer front, a chip was pulled out near the book match line but it was not all the way through the veneer. I lost my nerve and proceeded to scrape the drawer front rather than take another chance on potentially ruining the veneer.
I finished it with over 10 coats of clear shellac and 2 coats of amber shellac. I rubbed that out with burlap to get the sheen I wanted. Thanks for looking!
-- Every cloud has a silver lining