|Project by BillinDetroit||posted 07-08-2007 01:49 AM||4942 views||0 times favorited||13 comments|
This is my first-ever furniture project and I am quite pleased with the way it turned out.
#2 pine (or whatever) from ‘the borg’. Titebond II (until I ran out, then Titebond III), deck screws, oil-based Killz primer (thus far). My first use of a HVLP gun ever. I bought the el-cheapo from Wagner. Not a glitzy name … I know … but glitzy costs $300-500 more than I paid for the Wagner.
It will end up with oil-based enamel when all is said and done and will probably be in either a bold primary or one of the ‘colonial’ hues. I’ll post a replacement pic when I settle on a color. I was going to use a “Colonial Red” water-based enamel, but nailshooter on ‘the wreck’ has convinced me to go with an oil-based alkyd enamel.
All four feet sit level and firm … which is better than I thought it was going to do. Mid-way through the assembly process, it cocked a rear leg up about 1/4” but now, having sat in the sun for about a day, it is absolutely flat and stable.
I have a second one about 1/2 way assembled and the full-width footrests are also completed, but not in these photographs.
All in all, there was some challenge and a big sense of accomplishment when finished.
Oh, and I think my wife likes me again. ;-)
-- http://nmwoodworks.com (pens & bowls, mostly)