|Project by Kent Shepherd||posted 07-02-2009 07:42 PM||2455 views||3 times favorited||15 comments|
Here is a clock I built in the early 1980’s
I used Ash. The works were from Emperor Clock Co. I desighed the case.The spiral turnings were bought (I know, I cheated) The finish is a custom mix oil stain, with a semi-gloss lacquer finish. Very often I distress my finishes. After sanding the sealer, I brush flat black enamel on a scrap board. Then I take a swing set chain, looped twice (the two pieces are offset) with a tape handle, and drag it though the black to pick up a little on the chains. Simply beat away on the piece. You get dents and blacks specks at the same time. Also calms frustrations! I also dry brushed the same black paint on the edges for accent. You don’t notice that so much, unless it’s not there. Really adds depth to the finish. I do all of that over sealer so if I get carried away with the black, I can easily wipe it off.
-- She thought I hung the moon--now she just thinks I did it wrong