|Project by kiwisharyn||posted 07-01-2009 02:36 AM||2475 views||4 times favorited||13 comments|
I snapped the handle on my #4 – Andyboy kindly donated some 1” walnut and I made the rest up from there. It turned out so well I’m making one for my #5 as well – shown at the halfway stage, with holes bored and band-sawn to shape. Will rasp and file to a comfortable fit, then finish the same as the other – sand to 320, one coat oil and a light soft wax.
I guess there are some guidelines somewhere for making these handles – I tried to use the grain as best I could and beefed up the handle a little to increase wall thickness for the through-hole.
Now to replace those resin knobs…
-- ... must be time for a cup of tea and a sit-down